To become one of our tutor kindly fill the form and submit your CV:
Tutor qualities /characteristics required
- A qualified teacher / undergraduate: teaching or studying in relevant or related field
- Matric qualification: 60% and above in relevant subjects
- Able to work with teenagers/youths.
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to commit to a task or assignment( leadership ability)
- Ready to travel to clients
- Diligent and hardworking
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player.
- Prepare before every session with student/ learner
- Send reports as: and when required to the office/ administrator
- Proper documentation of learner/tutor sessions i.e ensure that subject and topic treated with student is document after every session and student and tutor signs off on the tutor schedule.
- Arrive at tutoring venue at least 15mins before session with students
- Call student/client at least 1Hr before session; if unable to meet clients due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Tutor must not engage with clients on financial matters: i.e payments etc
- Research or recommend textbooks, software, equipment, or other learning materials to complement tutoring.
- Monitor student performance
- Be prepared to participate in training and development sessions to improve tutoring practices or learn new tutoring techniques
- Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments
- Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.